Zhovkva a pearl of Lviv surroundings
The city of Zhovkva is situated 25 kilometers to the northern west from Lviv. It was founded in 1594 by Stanislaw Zolkiewski, Grand Crown Hetman of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. For many years Zhovkva served as residence to hetman, later king Jan III Sobieski. On February the 22 of 1603 Zhovkva received Magdeburg Rights.
Zhovkva is the second ( after Lviv ) richest in see sights cities with its 55 architectural monuments.
The city has a well-organized network of agro-tourism and accommodation in private houses.